Guide To Lesser Known Food-Themed Video Games
Everyone is familar with Pac-man and Ms. Pac-Man, and everyone knows that Super Mario has to eat a magic mushroom to grow bigger, or to obtain extra lives. But what people don’t realize is that there are a lot more food-oriented video games than you think. Here, Allegations of Deliciousness presents a guide to some of the lesser known food-themed video games.
Recently, LA Weekly’s dining blog “Squid Ink” helpfully provided a list of the “top 10 video game food references.” On the list are such favorites as Ms. Pac-Man, Burgertime, Gauntlet (“Wizard needs food, badly”) and of course Super Mario Brothers.
However, a further investigation into food-themed video games has revealed that, in fact, there are many more, perhaps less well known, that deserve mention. Accordingly we present our guide to the lesser known food-themed video games, courtesy of the archives at somethingawful.com:
1. This addition to the Metal Gear series provides a healthy alternative to Metal Gear’s traditional bloody, testoterone-laden violence.
2. This entry in the controversial blockbuster series allows players to freely explore an interactive urban cooking environment.
3. The true Guitar Hero will rock you like a hurricane.
4. Who can forget this spicy side-scrolling martial-arts adventure for the NES?
5. You won’t be able to put down this blockbuster title for the Nintendo DS.
6. This long-running series has been enthralling gamers for years.